Make it easy to buy from your website on mobiles
Shopping and paying on mobiles is booming and growing fast. So unless you make it easy for people to visit and buy on your website from their mobile devices you could be missing out on more and more business.
Some quite amazing global mobile phone statistics
- Over 5 billion mobile phones in the world. (Wireless Intelligence)
- 19% of all phones are smart phones. (Garner)
- Apple sold 1.7 million iPhone 4s on the first day. (Apple)
- More than 10 billion mobile apps have been downloaded. (Apple)
- In the US, more children own a phone than a book. (National Trust)
- There are three times as many mobile phones as personal computers. (Garner)
- By 2013, more people will connect to the web via phone than computer. (Morgan Stanley)
In Australia alone
- 25+ million mobile phones in Australia. (Budde.com report)
- 24% use their mobile phone for banking. (AIMIA)
- 17% to make payments. (AIMIA)
- 12% to buy things. (AIMIA)
Why should I adapt my website to suit mobile customers?
You want your web business to look its best
- Your normal site might not fit on the screen properly.
- Big images might take a long time to download.
- If you have Flash on you site it won’t work on iPhones or iPads.
Shoppers are more impatient on mobiles
- They want to be able to buy in a few clicks.
- They don’t want to scroll around too much.
- They want bite size information very quickly.
How to create a good mobile experience
To give people a great shopping experience on their mobile:
- have a simple layout that’s easy to navigate
- only include important information and navigation links
- keep images to a minimum, or make sure they’re small
- make your ‘buy’, ‘add’ , etc buttons nice and big
- check it works on different type/size phones and tablets
- let them click to your normal site for more if they want.
Find out how to:
- accept payments on mobile phones and devices
- create a mobile app or website
- get a free online store that includes a mobile friendly website.