Boost business with a great online shopping checkout
It’s vital to have a website that’s easy to get around. But it’s just as important that your online checkout process keeps potential customers delighted too.
Why? Because a whopping 63% of online orders collapse after people add products or services to their shopping basket*.
Convert more sales - from even more loyal customers
When your checkout is easy to use:
- less visitors get frustrated and leave before paying
- more visitors who start out thinking "maybe", end up clicking ‘buy’
- people keep coming back for more AND tell their friends about you too
- you spend less time and money fixing customer problems.
5 simple ways to make your web checkout people-friendly
A lot of research has been done to find out what makes a good web checkout. Here’s what online shoppers say:
Make it quick
The fewer clicks the better. Ask customers for the minimum information you need and only ask once. Offer a “Save for later” option so they can come back and finish another time.
Half way through checkout, don’t tell your customers they need to create an account to continue. And don’t try to sell them something extra or better.
Provide information at every step
From the start of checkout, all the way to the end, show the cost including tax and delivery charges. And provide details on your delivery and payment options.
Be clear and detailed
Give customers all the details they need during checkout and when you confirm their payment – including delivery charges, returns policy, how to contact customer service, etc.
People are more likely to buy if they know their personal and financial information is secure. So display a trusted payment option on your homepage and through checkout.
PayPal Express Checkout – ideal for small business
Paypal have an eCommerce shopping cart product, Express Checkout, that:
- lets your customers checkout in just three clicks
- keeps credit card details safely stored for their next visit
- just asks for customer information once
- has no set up, monthly or cancellation fees
- only costs a small fee when someone buys.
With the help of a web developer (PayPal recommend some on their site) you can have it on your website very quickly.
Learn more about PayPal's Express Checkout.
*Forrester Consulting Study on behalf of PayPal.