Take credit card payments over the phone
Even when you can take payments through your website, you’ll want to be able to accept credit card payments over the phone for:
- people who don’t feel comfortable paying on the internet
- times when customers can’t pay on your website
- buyers who want more information
- products and services that you don’t sell online.
Credit card swipe machines
One option is to get a credit card swipe machine. However, you:
- need a merchant account with a bank
- need two years trading history with the bank to apply
- will have a number of different fees
- need to be PCI compliant
- may be tied in to a long term contract.
PayPal Virtual Terminal – payments on your computer
An alternative to a swipe machine is a PayPal Virtual Terminal. You just log in to your PayPal account through the internet, enter your customer's credit card information and payment goes through.
Lets you take credit card payments
- By phone, fax or mail
- Face-to-face in your store
- When you’re visiting a customer
Money goes straight to your account
As soon as you take the payment.
More flexible, less fees
No long term contracts, just a small monthly and transaction fee.
You become PCI compliant
PayPal is compliant so, by using their service, you’re automatically following the PCI regulations.
Learn more about: